iShow动漫英语
首页  >  英语启蒙  >  名著连载  >  正文

世界经典儿童名著 英文名著《小王子》第十章

264 18-11-09 爱秀英语口语

变老


  Six years have already passed since my friend went away from me, with his sheep.

 我的朋友带着他的小羊已经离去六年了。


 If I try to describe him here, it is to make sure that I shall not forget him.

 我之所以在这里尽力把他描写出来,就是为了不要忘记他。


 To forget a friend is sad.

 忘记一个朋友,这太叫人悲伤了。


 Not every one has had a friend.

 并不是所有的人都有过一个朋友。


 And if I forget him, I may become like the grown-ups who are no longer interested in anything but figures...

 再说,我也可能变成那些大人那样,只对数字感兴趣。


 It is for that purpose, again, that I have bought a box of paints and some pencils.

 也正是为了这个缘故,我买了一盒颜料和一些铅笔。


 It is hard to take up drawing again at my age,

 像我这样年纪的人,


 when I have never made any pictures except those of the boa constrictor from the outside and the boa constrictor from the inside, since I was six.

 而且除了六岁时画过闭着肚皮的和开着肚皮的巨蟒外,别的什么也没有尝试过,现在,重新再来画画,真费劲啊!


 I shall certainly try to make my portraits as true to life as possible.

 当然,我一定要把这些画尽量地画得逼真,


 But I am not at all sure of success.

 但我自己也没有把握。


 One drawing goes along all right, and another has no resemblance to its subject.

 一张画得还可以,另一张就不象了。


 I make some errors, too, in the little prince's height: in one place he is too tall and in another too short.

 还有身材大小,我画得有点不准确。在这个地方小王子画得太大了些,另一个地方又画得太小了些。


 And I feel some doubts about the color of his costume.

 对他衣服的颜色我也拿不准。


 So I fumble along as best I can, now good, now bad, and I hope generally fair-to-middling.

 于是我就摸索着这么试试那么改改,画个大概齐。


 In certain more important details I shall make mistakes, also.

 我很可能在某些重要的细节上画错了。


 But that is something that will not be my fault.

 这就得请大家原谅我了。


 My friend never explained anything to me.

 因为我的这个朋友,从来也不加说明解释。


 He thought, perhaps, that I was like himself.

 他认为我同他一样。


 But I, alas, do not know how to see sheep through the walls of boxes.

 可是,很遗憾,我却不能透过盒子看见小羊。


 Perhaps I am a little like the grown-ups.

 我大概有点和大人们差不多。


 I have had to grow old.

 我一定是变老了。


关键字: 爱秀动漫英语