iShow动漫英语
首页  >  英语启蒙  >  名著连载  >  正文

世界经典儿童名著 英文名著《小王子》第二章

530 18-11-09 爱秀英语口语

情达理之人


I had been disheartened by the failure of my Drawing Number One and my Drawing Number Two.

 我的第一号、第二号作品的不成功,使我泄了气。


 Grown-ups never understand anything by themselves, and it is tiresome for children to be always and forever explaining things to them.

 这些大人们,靠他们自己什么也弄不懂,还得老是不断地给他们作解释。这真叫孩子们腻味。


 So then I chose another profession, and learned to pilot airplanes.

 后来,我只好选择了另外一个职业,我学会了开飞机,


 I have flown a little over all parts of the world; and it is true that geography has been very useful to me.

 世界各地差不多都飞到过。的确,地理学帮了我很大的忙。


 At a glance I can distinguish China from Arizona.

 我一眼就能分辨出中国和亚里桑那。


 If one gets lost in the night, such knowledge is valuable.

 要是夜里迷失了航向,这是很有用的。


 In the course of this life I have had a great many encounters with a great many people who have been concerned with matters of consequence.

 这样,在我的生活中,我跟许多严肃的人有过很多的接触。


 I have lived a great deal among grown-ups.

 我在大人们中间生活过很长时间。


 I have seen them intimately, close at hand.And that hasn’t much improved my opinion of them.

 我仔细地观察过他们,但这并没有使我对他们的看法有多大的改变。


 Whenever I met one of them who seemed to me at all clear-sighted,

 当我遇到一个头脑看来稍微清楚的大人时,


 I tried the experiment of showing him my Drawing Number One, which I have always kept.

 我就拿出一直保存着的我那第一号作品来测试测试他。


 I would try to find out, so, if this was a person of true understanding.

 我想知道他是否真的有理解能力。


 But, whoever it was, he, or she, would always say: “That is a hat.”

 可是,得到的回答总是:“这是顶帽子。”


 Then I would never talk to that person about boa constrictors, or primeval forests, or stars.

 我就不和他谈巨蟒呀,原始森林呀,或者星星之类的事。


 I would bring myself down to his level. I would talk to him about bridge,and golf, and politics, and neckties.

 我只得迁就他们的水平,和他们谈些桥牌呀,高尔夫球呀,政治呀,领带呀这些。


 And the grown-up would be greatly pleased to have met such a sensible man.

 于是大人们就十分高兴能认识我这样一个通情达理的人。


关键字: 爱秀动漫英语